If you are coming as a visitor :
- A few days before your arrival, send a message to the TH secretariat to request a visitor’s pass valid for your day of arrival, enabling you to enter the site.
- Once on the site :
- if you arrive between 8:00 and 17:00: go to the CERN reception Bld 33, to pick up your card then proceed to the TH secretariat, office 4 2-004, for the necessary formalities.
- if you arrive after 18:00 and you have a room reserved in the CERN hostel, go to the guard at the Main Entrance and come to the TH secretariat the following day.
- You will not be able to enter directly with your car on arrival, but you can ask the secretariat about the procedure to register it.
- If your visit is for at least one month, or if you plan to visit TH department regularly during the year, bring with you the following ‘Home Institute Declaration’, signed and stamped by an authorized representative of your institute. Please note that the the dates of your ‘expected overall period of association with CERN’ should start on the first day of your visit, and end one year later unless your contract with your home institute ends earlier. The period of association cannot be valid longer than your contract with your home institute, and needs to be renewed each year.
If you are a future CERN employee (Staff, Fellow, Paid Associate), you will receive the details of the check-in procedure directly from the Personnel Office in charge of the contract.