As a visitor, you can print at CERN and you do not need a CERN account but your device needs to be registered at CERN and connected either to the CERN network or to Eduroam - both are equivalent (see Laptop section)
There are different possibilities to print at CERN as a visitor depending on your Operating System:
If you are a visitor it doesn't matter which kind of device you have - laptop, smartphone, tablet with any operating system, as soon as it is connected to the CERN network and you have a mail account, we strongly incourage you to use the Mail2Print service (Printing service via mail), (in particular in case of a short visit) which allows you to print very easily just sending an email. For instructions please click here.
If you insist in installing the printer on your device :
- If you are using Windows 7 or higher, Download & execute the following application
- For a Linux Laptop, please go here.
- If you have a Mac you can either use the printservice or you can find here the instructions about how to install a printer manually.
on CERN desktops ** (you need to be admin or root on your machine)
- on a CERN Mac computer: https://printservice.web.cern.ch/printservice
- on a CERN Windows computer: https://espace.cern.ch/winservices-help/Printing/ConfiguringPrinters/Pages/AddOrRemovePrinterOnWin7.aspx
- on a CERN Linux computer: (You need to be authorised): sudo /usr/sbin/lpadmincern printername --add
All our printers are 2-sided printers. Please limit the use of the colour printer to real needs.
Mail and Print room (4 2-002):
- 4-THCOM : HP LASERJET P4515 (*) B/W A4
- 4-THCOLOR : HP COLOR LASERJET M553 Color A4
- 4-2-THCANON : CANON IR-ADV C5535 Multifunction : Scanner Photocopy and Color printer A4 and A3
Corridor of the second floor of Bldg 4:
- 4-2-THCOR : HP LASERJET M606 B/W A4
Corridor of the first floor:
- 53-1-HP-THCOR : HP LASERJET M606 B/W A4
- 4-1-COR : HP LASERJET P4014 (*) B/W A4
- 4-1-THCOR : HP LASERJET M606 B/W A4
(*) for Mac computers : select HP 4010 series.
Other hardware available in TH
A Color Scanner and a Photocopier machine are availabe in the TH print room: 4 2-002. Concerning the scanner please note that names are ordered by first name